EXCHANGE BITCOIN CASH TO CARDANO
What do you need to know?
- The average time for exchanging BCH to ADA is 10-60 minutes
- You only need 2 confirmations of the Bitcoin Cash blockchain for the exchange
- If you can’t send funds to our Bitcoin Cash address, try adding “bitcoincash:” to the beginning of the address or use the Bitcoin Cash address converter
Brief information about Bitcoin Cash
On August 1, 2017, the digital market saw a new cryptocurrency based on the BTC blockchain, which was named Bitcoin Cash. The split occurred on the block 478558 Bitcoin. It had a common part of the blockchain until the hard fork, and all subsequent blocks were already formed into a new chain. Bitcoin Cash is called the most successful fork of bitcoin.
How can I estimate the time of transaction confirmation?
It is important to keep in mind that to increase the number of confirmations, a new block must appear. Blocks of Bitcoin Cash, like Bitcoin, can go from 1 to 75 minutes. The average time for a Bitcoin Cash block to appear is 10 minutes. Therefore, Bitcoin Cash is not a fast currency.
If you are unable to send coins to our address
If your wallet does not accept our payment address, try adding “bitcoincash:” to the beginning of the address. This may be due to the fact that your wallet does not support an address without a prefix. Many wallets are strict about address formats.
You may be using a wallet that does not support the new BCH address format. In this case, you can use the address conversion service. To do this, insert the given address into the line and press the Convert button. The Legacy tab will display the old address format.
- The address you received from us:
- Legacy address (legacy address format):
Despite the dramatic difference in spelling, they refer to the same wallet.
Bitcoin Cash network fee
Today, the average fee for a Bitcoin Cash transaction is no more than a cent — $0.0046.
A brief history of Cardano
At the end of 2014, former Ethereum developer Charles Hoskins put together a team to create a Cardano platform that, in his opinion, had to meet all his requirements. With the help of the platform, Charles Hoskins wanted to introduce cryptocurrency into the real economy, make microtransactions convenient and create convenient conditions for launching reliable and secure decentralized applications.
Cardano address formats
There are 2 types of Cardano addresses:
- Byron is the first version of an address that starts with “A” or “D”.
- Shelley is a new type of address based on the bech32 format. The address starts with “addr1”. A feature of these addresses is their compactness. If earlier all information was stored in the blockchain, now only the most necessary remains there. Also, the new address model allows for up to 123 address versions.
Speed in the Cardano blockchain
The exchange requires 15 confirmations. Blocks in the ADA blockchain appear approximately every 20 seconds. The average time for confirmation of an exchange is 5 minutes.